Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Work work work till the day is done

     Having a job, while still in High School, on top of extracurricular activities and homework is the worst thing imaginable. I woke up with bags under my eyes this morning and I'm still feeling the affects of no sleep after 3 large thermal-mug sized coffees. I've been doing the "head bob" during almost every class and I never understand what the teacher is saying even if I'm looking straight at them. All I want is sleep!! My friends are all highly energetic during the day and I can't keep up with them anymore. Even my dog is hard to keep up with. I have no energy, I can't concentrate, and I'm stressing like never before. 
     Although, thinking nonstop about riding is also a major distraction during class. Instead of paying attention to equations and strategies written on the board I'm always going through jump courses and flat work in my head. 
     It's only the second week of school and "senioritis" is already kicking in. I'm careless about my homework, I'm lazy about time, and I don't participate during class. I try to keep a smile painted on my face around my friends, but it seems like the minute I'm away from them I'm back to being on the verge of majorly crashing. I'd even lay down and fall asleep on the hallway floor if I could. 
     Naturally, I'd give something up to balance out my schedule and take away stress, but I'm different now. I have Blondie in my life. Every time I get frustrated and feel like throwing my physics book across the room I remember I'm doing this for her. I have to. "Those who tend to work hard are greatly rewarded in the end."
     If I want Blondie, I have to work. So work I shall !!!!! Starting with the mountain of homework waiting to be conquered by oh-so-lucky me..

1 comment:

  1. Well.....if you do throw your physics book, at least you can pay for the damages now. He he he!

    ReplyDelete