Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Crazy horse


So I came home from class today to find Blondie caught up in the fence and tearing it apart. Oi! She's eaten her pasture down to the roots already so she's been trying to reach over the fence. Well, her blanket got caught on the wire and decided she wasn't going anywhere. There wasn't a whole lot of damage though. I just had to tighten the top two wires. Her blanket was hanging completely down to her hoof, so tomorrow I'll have to figure out a way to rig it so that it doesn't move. Grrr. I also expanded her "temporary" stall so she has more room than any horse I've known. Which, of course, she "broke in" pretty quickly. I'll be cleaning that up tomorrow. I took the time to groom her from head to hoof, conditioned her hooves, put a clean wrap on her leg, combed out her mane, put MTG in her tail....and when I come back from getting fresh water she has dirt all over her face and straw in every inch of her mane and tail...I couldn't help but throw my hands up and laugh to death. Crazy horse.




1 comment:

  1. We need a camera out there. Or save up for an electric fence. Naughty horse...

    ReplyDelete