Monday, January 21, 2013

"Home on the range"


I woke up yesterday morning to go stand in the freezing cold at the stable, waiting for Blondie to finally get in the trailer, so I could bring her to my parents' house. I got a fence put up over the weekend with the help of my younger sister (you should check out her blog: http://teenfarmgirl.blogspot.com/ ). I had her halfway in the trailer before she snatched the peppermint from my hand and backed out....the little brat. So, an hour later she finally got in the trailer. Once we got her to my parents' farm she adjusted almost immediately (probably because her pasture has grass). We put up a makeshift stall in the barn as well, which is just big enough for her. I had a friend come over and help me figure out a way to put a make-shift blanket on her. We only had two pieces of fleece, but two was enough considering she didn't have anything else. Today I plan on cleaning her pasture of droppings, cleaning her stall, and continuing her grooming (especially her tail).

No comments:

Post a Comment