Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blondie's Mark

    My friends know that I get hurt a lot, part of that being that I'm reckless, but recently I've been asked a lot about the scar on my left shoulder. Well, to be honest, Blondie and I ran into a tree. Yes, a tree. I ended up getting knocked off, due to a branch running through my shoulder, and Blondie freaking out because she had no idea what was attacking her. Anyways, I realized that I always told people, "Oh, that's just Blondie's mark." 
     Blondie left her mark on me. Not just the fresh new scar I obtained, but somewhere else, somewhere I can't describe. I can go from the worst day at work, hot, sweaty, and cranky, to cantering around the ring with a smile on my face. Blondie is my rock. And I would do anything for those few moments of belonging and freedom while sitting on her back.
     Considering the fact that we won't be able to get a fence up before winter rolls in, I've decided that boarding her nearby would be smarter. We'd have more time to make our farm "horse safe" before welcoming her. AND she would be around other horses and people who know how to care for them. 
     My only problem is the people who keep putting it off. Instead of being mature adults and giving me a solid "yes" or "no" I have to deal with procrastination and persuasion on their part. First they said I needed my license. So I go my license. Then I needed experience. So I got experience. Then I needed a job. So I got a job. Now?? I don't know anymore. I don't know how many things I have to do before I'm "ready." I'm considering getting a second job to prove how much I want Blondie and that I'm not giving up. 
      The things is...this isn't just a phase. I wouldn't get bored after awhile and get rid of her and move on. It's a passion. A dream. A life. This is real. And being told that my dream "isn't good enough" only makes me more determined than ever. Even if they say "no" do you honestly think that I would give up? Didn't think so.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I love you and the fact that you KNOW when something is good, and when something is worth fighting for. You and Blondie's story is BEAUTIFUL, and I'll help you in anyway I can. I promise.

    Anita

    ReplyDelete