Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dreams Coming True

     Stable. Job. Stable. Job. Job. Job. Stable...That is pretty much my weekly schedule now. It feels like I'm never home. BUT I get to hang out at the stable and ride Blondie whenever, which is awesome! 
     I worked at the stable yesterday and hung out with Roy, one of the boarders. He's teaching his horse, Tundra, to respect a rope so he can be entered in roping contests. Well...Tundra does NOT like Roy's new rope..at all. I went out to the practice arena with them and Tundra bolted the minute he was through the gate. Roy couldn't catch him, so I did :) Then Roy decided to bring the rope over while I was holding Tundra. Bad idea!! Tundra tried to bolt so I turned him in circles to keep him from running. Sadly..he stepped on my foot =( Just to give you an idea, Tundra is a Warmblood Percheron cross..very heavy horse. Soooo today my toe is looking pretty mutated. And sore. But I refuse to take meds..ever..so I'm letting it heal on it's own.
  
     Annnyyywayyyyss...we're going to make an offer and see what the owner thinks!! My trainer was ever-so-happy to hear us ask, "Who do we make the check out to?" I'm not the only one who has been waiting to hear that. The whole stable is excited now! I'm excited! Blondie is finally going to be "mine." I've spent my whole life working up to this, I can't let it slip now. Blondie is like my "ultimatum." I think about my future and all I can see is me cantering Blondie freely. It doesn't get much better than that. Actually..it does..I'm getting Blondie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment