Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Life at Sunny View

  It's official!!!! Blondie has been trailered and I can see her anytime!! Well..any time I don't work..or have school..or extracurricular activities...etc. etc. etc. I actually spent almost the whole day at the barn today with my two amigas, Colleen and Anita. I cleaned stalls and will be painting fences for a discount on her boarding fee. I also got in some riding time before the rain hit. Blondie did well other than being "light on her feet." I realized that my saddle is completely different than the one I used at Fox Den Farm. It was a close contact, meaning there was less saddle. I like being able to feel her movements and be flexible in the saddle..but mine is very stiff and slippery..creating a huge problem when I canter. By problem I mean "almost eating mud." Soooo after I get a car (hopefully truck) I gotta save up for a newer saddle that actually keeps me on my horse instead of giving me flying lessons. I even think riding her bareback would be better than using my saddle. Yea..that bad. BUT!! I found a bridle online from State Line Tack that I used to use on Blondie. It comes with braided reins AND is under $50!!! I keep finding good deals..Ima beast. Let's hope I can find a cheap, but better, saddle along with a martingale and half chaps...oh! and a winter blanket. 
Blondie is a thoroughbred and has thin skin. Not to mention she's super skinny. Sooo she has to wear a blanket in the colder months until she can fatten up..which shouldn't be a problem at this farm. There is nothing but grass, grass, and more grass. Blondie doesn't seem to mind :) There are also two horses at Sunny View that she's familiar with, considering they were at the same barn. She's made friends with a small horse named Mystery, who she stays close to in the pasture. She's warming up to her new surroundings VERY well and I can't wait to work her in the round pen and possibly achieve Join Up?? We'll see..

1 comment: