Sunday, September 4, 2011

09/04/11 - Blondie..we made it!! Now and Forever

     Blondie is mine. I am the owner of a horse named Bombshell Blondie. I..am a horse owner. 

Never in a million years did I think I would be saying that today. I knew I would eventually get a horse, but now I just can't believe it. I couldn't sleep last night and was up till 4:30am. When I did fall asleep I had a dream about her. About how our world's changed, became one. And today..they did. I drove over to the stable and handed my trainer a big fat check with Blondie's name on it...literally. It had her name on it!! When I had turned down the road the stable was on I almost had a panic attack!! I had to take deep breaths and calm myself because I was so shaken with excitement and disbelief. I couldn't believe it was happening. Yet it was.
     The rest of the day I felt physically sick and mentally fatigued. My mom mentioned that it could be all the stress (the good kind) of getting Blondie. I had figured I was just sick from something at school or work..but I'm honestly starting to think she's right. I have been waiting my WHOLE life for this day...and it's here. How could I not get all worked up?? I'm the one person who would! 
     I am going to board her at a nearby stable until we can install a hardy and safe fence at our 6 acres. It would be such a relief to have her on our own property where I can be around her 24/7 without having to use up gas or pay an expensive boarding fee. BUT it's also a good thing to board her first..considering she IS my first horse. I want to make sure I'm fully prepared to take care of her before we're on our own. After all...she is my horse. :)

2 comments:

  1. yes!!! Congratulations Amanda!! :D Now we HAVE to get together at the barn and I gotta help you get that fence up lol :D :D

    ReplyDelete