Friday, February 17, 2012

College Video

Blondie and I worked on some riding for our college video! The weather was amazing today; no snow, no rain, and no wind. Perfect day to ride. She was very calm today, but still didn't want to listen. She's always trying to work her way up the hill so she can see her buddies. I'm trying to break her of that habit. AND of becoming barn sour. I can't have a barn sour horse!!
     But she did fairly well for not being worked all week. We did transition work from walk to trot and trot to canter. As always, she needs some practice with the trot to canter. I'm also working on the walk to canter with her. I wish I could have learned how to do the half pass sooner so that I could put it in my riding video. Oh well. I also got my sis to ride her!!! I hope to get more video of her this weekend and make a final video that includes jumping! If I get footage from a couple days, instead of just one, chances are some days will be better than others; meaning my riding will be better and give me a better chance of being accepted to a college!!!

1 comment: